Dr Web - SSL.
Cloudflare Free SSL/TLS
Encrypting as much web traffic as possible to put a stop to data theft and other tampering is a crucial step towards a secure Internet.
What is SSL?
SSL (Secure Socket Layer) is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This secure link makes sure that all the data transferred remains private. It’s also known as TLS (Transport Layer Security). Millions of websites use SSL encryption everyday to secure connections and keep their client’s data safe from monitoring and tampering.
Why Use SSL?
Every website on the Internet should be served over HTTPS. Here’s why:
- Performance: Modern SSL can actually improve page load times.
- Search Ranking Boost: Search engines favor HTTPS websites.
- Security: Encrypting traffic with SSL makes sure nobody can monitor your users’ data.
- Trust: By displaying a green lock in the browser’s address bar, SSL increases visitor’s trust.
- Regulatory Compliance: SSL is a chief component in PCI compliance.
Minimum Supported Browser Versions for SSL Users:
- Firefox 2
- Internet Explorer 7 on Windows Vista
- Windows Vista or OS X 10.6 with:
– Chrome 5.0.342.0
– Opera 14
– Safari 4
- Mobile Safari on iOS 4.0
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Windows Phone 7
Note : Operating systems, when specified above, are the minimum version required.
Got a project?